Employment Type: Full-Time Seasonal
Our Belief Statement
Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. and Group of Companies – ECO Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf is on a path to improve our industry! Our capability to design, create and maintain flourishing outdoor landscapes using ecological garden designs and irrigation techniques is unparalleled. With our guiding principles – “Details Matter”, Rooted in “People First” and “Outdoor Custodians”, we creatively approach every landscape with solutions to maximize the effectiveness of our customers investment.
Being collaborative, connected, informative, knowledgeable, conscientious, and caring of customer needs and provide constructive solutions – our creativity must lead to a positive result. Our company is on an upward trajectory, we will work collaboratively to harness this path. Simple works “find out what the customer’s needs are and deliver it”, We guarantee it will lead to a harmonious success for all!
Our culture at Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. Eco Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf is about working together, we invite you to join our team in working towards our growth plans, we are developing a team for success, an opportunity for personal growth and a sustainable and rewarding career for you and your family!
Why Join Our Team
We are an equal opportunity employer that represents equality and fairness and believes in a positive employee culture for all.
- Benefits (health spending account)
- Chance for year-round work
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- We are located near the subway station (Kipling)
- Company sponsored events
This role presents an exciting opportunity to support the demands of our growing business. Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. Eco Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf services the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in designing, creating, installing and maintenance of landscapes, irrigation and lighting systems. We are looking for Horticultural Technicians to join our team for the upcoming season. The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude who loves to work outdoors and is willing to learn.
A certificate/diploma in a Horticulture program will be considered an asset however is not required. Potential to participate in the apprenticeship program if desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a Horticultural Technician you are attentive on sustainable growing techniques and maintenance practices to help increase the biodiversity of the urban and suburban landscape.
- Complete tasks related to the maintenance of our customer properties – Spring and Fall clean up, weeding, pruning and dead heading, mulching and amending existing gardens, planting of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees, creating new gardens, grass cutting, lawn mowing, trim/edging of lawn, blowing etc.
- Communicate with customers and crew members in a professional manner
- Travel to multiple customer properties throughout the day
- Conduct daily inspections of the work vehicle, tools/equipment and perform the required maintenance
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Essential Skills, and Qualifications
- Knowledge of turf, plant material and horticultural maintenance is considered an asset
- Horticulture certification/diploma is considered a valuable asset
- Capable of operating machinery
- Have previous customer service experience
- Fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions and with noise for extended periods of time
- Can perform repetitive duties and physical labour (lift 50lbs)
- Able to work flexible working hours, including the occasional weekend
- Have a G Driver’s License and clean driving abstract (abstract available upon request)
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both oral and written
- Possess general computer skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Have a positive attitude and are eager to learn new skills
- Able to problem solve and are detail oriented · Winter work experience is a valuable asset
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Effective Communication
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service Oriented
Please fill out the below form to the best of your ability. Once submitted please allow from 3-5 business days for us to receive and review your application. If you have been selected as a candidate you will be contacted via phone or email.