Employment Type: Full-Time Seasonal
Our Belief Statement
Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. and Group of Companies – ECO Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf is on a path to improve our industry! Our capability to design, create and maintain flourishing outdoor landscapes using ecological garden designs and irrigation techniques is unparalleled. With our guiding principles – “Details Matter”, Rooted in “People First” and “Outdoor Custodians”, we creatively approach every landscape with solutions to maximize the effectiveness of our customers investment.
Being collaborative, connected, informative, knowledgeable, conscientious, and caring of customer needs and provide constructive solutions – our creativity must lead to a positive result. Our company is on an upward trajectory, we will work collaboratively to harness this path. Simple works “find out what the customer’s needs are and deliver it”, We guarantee it will lead to a harmonious success for all!
Our culture at Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. Eco Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf is about working together, we invite you to join our team in working towards our growth plans, we are developing a team for success, an opportunity for personal growth and a sustainable and rewarding career for you and your family!
Why Join Our TeamWe are an equal opportunity employer that represents equality and fairness and believes in a positive employee culture for all.
- Benefits (health spending account)
- Chance for year-round work
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- We are located near the subway station (Kipling)
- Company sponsored events
This role presents an exciting opportunity to support the demands of our growing business. Groundhog Landscaping Ltd. and Group of Companies – ECO Springs Irrigation & Lighting and Natural Turf services the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in designing, creating, installing and maintenance of landscapes, irrigation and lighting systems. We are looking for Irrigation Technicians to join our team for the upcoming season. The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude who loves to work outdoors and is willing to learn.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Install irrigation and lighting systems – Interpret drawings/maps to install pipes, wire, irrigation controllers and lighting transformers.
- Provide maintenance of existing irrigation and outdoor lighting systems to our customer properties – Spring Opening Inspections, Mid-Season Inspections, Winterizations, Repairs/Retrofits of Existing Systems, Diagnosing/Troubleshooting etc.
- Communicate with customers and crew members in a professional manner
- Conduct daily inspections of the work vehicle, tools/equipment and perform the required maintenance
- Travel to multiple customer properties throughout the day
- Maintain parts inventory in company vehicle and load and unload materials as required
- Ensure work is performed efficiently and safely in accordance with WSIB standards
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
Essential Skills, and Qualifications
- Certifications in Irrigation are considered an asset but not essential
- Ability to use tools and equipment is considered an asset
- Fit to work outdoors in all weather conditions and with noise for extended periods of time
- Able to perform physical labour (lift 50lbs)
- Can work a flexible work schedule to adhere to customer needs. Depending on the season weekend work is required
- Valid class “G” driver’s license, with a clean driving record (abstract available upon request)
- Have previous customer service experience
- Capable of effectively communicating in English, both oral and written
- Able to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Possess general computer skills and have the ability to problem solve
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Effective Communication
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service Oriented
Please fill out the below form to the best of your ability. Once submitted please allow from 3-5 business days for us to receive and review your application. If you have been selected as a candidate you will be contacted via phone or email.